Friday, January 11, 2013

Clean Your Brushes! DIY



This brush is my favorite brush..I've had this brush for 7 years and after this clean.. it looks new again. I saw a post about baking soda to clean brushes, but I cant remember where...so. I'll tell you what I did. I will tell you that the water smells rancid after cleaning...but my brush smells clean and looks brand new.I should have taken the picture before I brushed my hair..but you can tell it still looks new.

What you need:
*A 28 oz Cup ( I used a tall cup because its most effective, uses less ingredients than if you 
                                        use a bowl, I think.)
* 24 oz Water
*A few Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
*A few Tablespoons baking soda
*A little dishsoap
*An old toothbrush

If you have multiple brushes...Use more. If you have small brushes..Use less.

What to do:
1. Fill the Cup with water
2. Add 2-3 Tbs each of baking soda and apple cider vinegar..
3. Also add about a Tbs dishsoap.
4. Soak your brushes for an hour. 
5. Scrub with a toothbrush nice and clean. 
6. Rinse and let it dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

search.my.blog.